A quick survey of the year that was supposed to kill us all but actually made me more alive.
Here’s to you 2012 and here’s to hoping 2013 is even better!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? If you really knew me, you’d know that I don’t take risks very often but, when I do, I fall in love all over again with that beautiful rush of adrenaline. That might be the wrong way to look at doing bad things but I’m always such a “good girl” sometimes I need a little trouble. Anyways in 2012, actually on New Years Eve, I went to a party. At that party I had so much fun! I got pretty buzzed, I made out with my bestfriend Jay (she’s a girl haha), I took a hit off of a bowl, and I took a few hits of a black and mild. Crazy, right? Maybe not for you but, when you’re like me, that’s just insane. It was wonderful though, to feel that old rush again- I love that feeling.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Last year I made two resolutions: 1) Eat healthier and 2) Become a better person. Over the course of 2012, I became a much better person, also stronger and wiser; I’ve gotten closer to being the person I want to be. The eating thing, eh. I gave up pop, which is huge because I used to be a Pepsi addict. I drank one can of pop from January to October… then my break up happened and I started drinking it again. Don’t I sound like some kind of strange Pepsi-oholic or something? Oh well. I’m getting back on track though! 😀
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my really old friends that I hung out with in 7th an 8th grade had a baby boy this year and my best friend from 5th grade is currently pregnant. They’re both my age, 17, and in high school. It’s crazy to think about being that young with another life in your hands, isn’t it?
4. Did anyone close to you die? My Aunt Kristin passed away this year of Alcoholism. I’ve written two or three blog posts about it, nowadays I really just try to keep it off my mind. It’s sad because all I can remember is seeing her beautiful face in that hospital bed… clinging to life but fading away from us more each day. I sat by her bedside and whispered to her about how much I loved her but she wasn’t conscious… I just hope God told her I was there every day. It was sad but I needed to be there for my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, and my daddy. ❤ RIP KMD.
5. What Countries did you visit? The good old USA. (AKA, none)
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Have more fun, worry less about what people think, and just be myself. Oh and, one of my resolutions, stop caring about those who don’t care about me.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 5th, 2012 and probably February 5th, 2012… don’t ask.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being happier, improving myself, and building up my self-esteem.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not realizing that one boy can’t make or break you if you just stand on your own two feet. I always told myself that but up until recently I never really lived by that rule.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not so much.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to Luke Bryan concerts- but my mom bought them.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Honestly? I have no idea. I guess my cousins… they’re mom passed away this year and their dad was killed in a car accident in 1995, they haven’t thrown away their lives or stopped crying. They just kept moving, despite the sadness, and continued to live the way their mom would have wanted.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Well.. I would say my ex but, honestly, I was only upset at first. I’m better off. I feel like God sent him into my life to teach me to be strong when it counts (:
14. Where did most of your money go? Food. Definitely food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Nothing hahaha. Five months until graduation though! YAY!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Call Me Maybe or that one “party like it’s the end of the world” song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? ii. thinner or fatter? iii. richer or poorer? WAY happier, the same, and probably poorer /: I need a job haha.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I’d done more smiling and less crying. Especially when I lost my friends… there was really no reason to cry over losing fake friends and learning who my real ones are! I do regret depending so strongly upon Ethan after that though, it wasn’t fair to myself.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Crying and complaining. So annoying!
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Spent it with my family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012? Absolutely, 100%, head over heals.
23. How many one-night stands? Let’s count. Okay well, if you count that time that I- um… zero!
24. What was your favorite TV program? One Tree Hill (forever & always), The Newsroom, Impractical Jokers, and I DVRed a million more awesome shows!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate anyone. Grudges are just wasted energy- God doesn’t hold them over me, why hold them over anyone else?
26. What was the best book you read? I’m such a nerd, but probably Macbeth or Childhood’s End.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I started listening to Blink 189 a lot more and I discovered Big Sean! (:
28. What did you want and get? An iPhone in June!
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Pitch Perfect, 21 Jump Street, and I saw Guilt Trip today, that was good! I’m not a huge movie fan though… sorry!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 17 and I had the best birthday party ever. My three favorite people on the planet at the time were there. It was me, my boyfriend, my bestfriend, and my mom’s best friend’s daughter who, for all intents and purposes, is my baby sister (she turned three this year).
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? During the year things upset me and made miserable at the time but everything ended up amazing- I wouldn’t change a thing.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Sweatshirts (no hoods) and skinny jeans on regular days. Dressing up entailed a lot of tight skirts! I did pretty well this year (: Most years I just bummed it all the time haha.
34. What kept you sane? My real friends, MY FAMILY, God, my new friend Ryah, my blog, my writing, MUSIC.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? THOMAS LUTHER BRYAN. ❤
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Mitt Romney’s face. I love politics, someday I want to be a politician. I should say the fiscal cliff because, let’s face it, congress knew it was coming for like two years and started talking about just recently and then didn’t settle it all until last night… but most of you probably don’t even know about most of that so I’m sticking with Mitt Romney’s face on my television lying to America. Bye Willard!
37. Who did you miss? My aunt, my friends at first.
38. Who was the best new person you met? RYAH, RYAH, RYAH- Definitely, without question, beyond the shadow of a doubt.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012: Laugh often, love everyone, smile always.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame, someone’s bound to get burned but just because it burns doesn’t mean you’re gonna die, you’ve gotta get up and try, try, try.