Thank you so much to Little Sweet and Sour for nominating me for the Libster Award! This is my third ever nomination and, let me tell you, it was just as amazing as the first. I’m forever humbled by all of your kindness and love in the WordPress community. Today I logged on to see this nomination along with the fact that my blog now has 100 followers! I never thought that it would be remotely successful, I love all of you so much! Each like, comment, and follow puts a huge smile on my face; I feel as if I have finally found my niche! Thanks to Tegan (of Little Sweet and Sour) and to all of the people who are reading this- you’re all flat out amazing!
Here are the rules!
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for you.
3. Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 up and coming blogs and link them in the post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
Eleven Things about Me:
1. I’m a huge hockey fan.
2. There are a lot of TV shows that I love but I watch all of them on DVR and prefer not to watch much television during the day.
3. I’m a senior in high school, I can’t wait for college so that I can start fresh.
4. I love writing (making my blog is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made) and I hope to publish a book soon!
5. I don’t have a job because I’m lazy about turning in applications and going to get them… I’m also painfully shy, but I’ve been working on it and it’s getting SOO much better.
6. My parents are divorced.
7. I’m in love with Luke Bryan. If you don’t know who that is, punch yourself and then look him up.
8. I have a good relationship with God, however I am not a Christian. I don’t associate myself with any place of worship or organized religious group; I believe in the existence of a higher power (monotheistic), I believe in a clear separation of church and state, and I do not believe entirely in a “Jesus Christ” figure. I will never try to shove my opinions on religion down anyone’s throat because I don’t see the point when none of know for sure what is correct.
9. I’m really into politics. If you’ve ever read my posts, it’s pretty clear that I’m a Democrat.
10. My favorite color is blue (that got pretty serious for a minute haha).
11. I don’t like sandwiches. Other than grilled cheese and Italian subs (burgers don’t count).
Eleven Questions from whomever nominated you.
1. Are you an advice receiver or an advice giver? I can do either.
2. How may pairs of shoes do you have? Not very many. I have two pairs of uggs, a pair of sperry’s, a pair of vans, and one pair of gym tennis shoes. I also have flip flops and a pair of heals for dances and such.
3. Who is your ideal reader? Who do you want to read you blog? I want to reach some teens and young adults who may identify with my problems and may have got through the same types of things. However, I welcome anyone to read my posts and there are a lot of things (mostly in my “politics” category) that people of any age could benefit from!
4.What’s one thing you wish/ want to do but can’t? I wish I could just snap my fingers and have a job. I have the work ethic to go and do what I need to do, it’s just so hard to keep applying and walking in to talk to random people and thinking of more places to apply… it’s draining, time-consuming, and it brings out anxiety.
5. What accomplishment are you most proud of? I’m really proud of my grades. My freshman year I didn’t care very much and my grade cards didn’t reflect my intelligence.
6. What makes you stand out? I don’t like to brag about myself but I’m wise beyond my years and I’m extremely smart.
7. What’s you favorite beauty product? Foundation. It makes my face look decent!
8. Are you a skin care kind of person? I do so many things to my face in hopes that my acne will go away forever.. most of those things fail. I try really hard to clean my skin and to make it better, but being a teenager is hard on those things.
9. Why did you decide to start your blog? I was watching Jenna on Awkward let out all of her feelings on an anonymous blog and I wanted to do it too. I’ve always been a writer, I write books and I even write down my prayers instead of saying them most of the time. It seemed like an amazing idea!
10. Is there one thing you always wear? If so what? Watch earrings ect.? No. I almost always wear jeggings but there’s nothing that I wear every, single day.
11. Texting or Calling? Depends on how close I am with someone and what it is that I need to say.
My Eleven Nominations.
(in no particular order)
1. A Mad World Teen – Ryah is one of my closest friends, who I actually met through WordPress. She’s an amazing person, she has a great relationship with God, and she’s one of my favorite people on the planet. I highly recommend following her!
4. Fun Little Things – Courtney is my best friend who just started her fashion blog. Go follow her!
5.Sun, Sand, Stars, and Dreams – One of my first followers! She’s such a sweet and intelligent girl!
*I’m stopping at five but there are so many amazing blogs on WordPress, this is the most amazing community in the world (: I love all of you! Thanks again, Tegan!
You Eleven Questions.
1. Do you have any siblings? How old are they?
2. Dogs or cats?
3. What do you look for in people of the opposite sex?
4. Why did you begin blogging?
5. What do you look for in the blogs that you follow?
6. What’s your favorite subject in school?
7. What did your last received text say and who was it from?
8. What is your blog about? What message do you hope to convey to your readers?
9. How do you feel when you get a new follower?
10. What’s your favorite thing about WordPress?
11. What are your plans for the future?